Practing Mammal and Sparky and their Offspring Get Some History

This blog is a sister blog to Practicing Mammal. I made it that way so that I wasn't always posting about our trip. Because some of my readers maybe don't care about our trip. I don't mind. But its an easy way for me to journal our trip for our family. Please join us if it pleases you. Blessings!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Actually Home

Well.  I need some closure.  Never did get around to the last set of pictures, so I'll post them today.  The last couple of days has been a whirlwind of laundry and socializing.  We are pretty tired.

Ti. Red.  But it's good.  Life gets back to normal pretty quick.  The kids are happy to be home.  On one of the last days of our trip, I said, Okay guys, I know you have really enjoyed the magnitude of this trip, but I think we have had enough magnitude.  Rosebud replied, NO....more magnitude!

So that is a good sign, I think.

The kids have been things like what their favourite church was, what their favourite meal was, what hotel had the best pool, what was the coolest thing they saw....when does floor hockey start?

playing at Lake Ontario



One of my favourite and unexpected things of this trip was a magical thing that happened with my boys.  Of course they do a lot of stuff together, we homeschool, they always have each other around.  But on this trip, they only had each other.  And I think it deepened the bonds of their friendship.  They really appreciated each other's company.

Some of their most fun moments in the car were goofing off together, making up stupid stories for Rosebud and vying for her attention.  Plotting ways together to convince us to let them stay up even later.  Playing soccer in hotel parking lots.

And Polly got to be "one of us."  A grown up.  Oh sure she still had some of the social status of being a kid, such as taking her turn in the car seat rotation, being stuffed in the back.  But she also got to be the oldest kid.  Being the youngest of the three young women in our house, this is a new role.  And she warmed to it quickly.  It suits her, and I think this trip helped to establish her new role in the family.

Blessings to all.  Mammal, Sparky and kids.

A closeup of two of the Thousand Islands

A dozen or so of the Thousand Island
A baby mammal


Homecoming:
We chased the sun all the way to Alberta


sleepy kids

No comments:

Post a Comment