Practing Mammal and Sparky and their Offspring Get Some History

This blog is a sister blog to Practicing Mammal. I made it that way so that I wasn't always posting about our trip. Because some of my readers maybe don't care about our trip. I don't mind. But its an easy way for me to journal our trip for our family. Please join us if it pleases you. Blessings!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting All Ready

So, we just got back from camp, and now we are kicking into high gear for our month long trip to a lot of places.  Confirmed plans are that we fly to Ottawa from the west coast on the 23rd of August and we fly home on the 24th of September.  Loose plan, Ottawa, Barry's Bay, Ontario, Ottawa again, Montreal and points east to Quebec City.  Then on to Boston and some other places, hoping to squeeze a little Connecticut and maybe Rhode Island in there,  Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Some random places in Virginia.  From somewhere in Virgina we will head north through Pennsylvania back to Ottawa.

Itinerary subject to random and erratic change without notice or apology.

So, when I get ready for a trip, the first thing I do is clean my house.  Then, when I am utterly satisfied that any burglar would be impressed by my order and cleanliness upon breaking in, I start packing.  I make a list for the kids of what they need to pack, with clear parameters about how many of each item.  For the non-readers, at this point in life that is only Baby Rosebud, I draw pictures of the items to pack and a number beside them. This is very funny because I draw badly.  She has to come to me repeatedly and say, Mama, what are these? And then I say, Oh, Rosebud, that is a pair of pajamas.  Then she says, Mama, it looks more like a jaguar standing on its hind feet.  And then I say, well, honey, in context, it would be unlikely that I would ask you to pack a jaguar on our Big Trip.  And then she says, Good Point. 

And then, get this.  I don't check their bags.  I think, well, live and learn.  They do pretty well. And, if there are any major glitches I understand there are stores in both Ontario, Quebec and the New England states.

If Rosebud could make her own list, though, it would be twenty seven pretty dresses, each with a matching pair of underpants.  Sparkly shoes and her fake Minnie mouse cell phone. 
Im. Pract. Ic. Al.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still packing for all us (including, often, my husband), but it's unecessary to pack for Sunshine when we go to Grandma's because Grandma has clothes for Sunshine. Those clothes are supposed to be in cases of emergency (Grandma has four granddaughters who like visiting) but Sunshine simply sees them as "new" clothes that she gets to wear for as long as we visit. Oh well - saves me some laundry. :)

    ReplyDelete