Practing Mammal and Sparky and their Offspring Get Some History

This blog is a sister blog to Practicing Mammal. I made it that way so that I wasn't always posting about our trip. Because some of my readers maybe don't care about our trip. I don't mind. But its an easy way for me to journal our trip for our family. Please join us if it pleases you. Blessings!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our Lady Seat of Wisdom

We are at Scout's school today.  There is much highway between Ottawa and Barry's Bay.  It's a lovely drive and I'm sure there is some history here as well.  But what truly caught my eye today was road signs which I will upload or download tomorrow, or maybe both.




We are driving a very cute minivan which we be our home away from home for the next month.  The good news is, it's red so it matches my camera case, my purse and my shoes. Coincidence?  I think not.


Pictured above is the Hilton at the Metro, 
Barry's Bay, Ontario.



This is our proprietor.  He runs a smooth operation that moves seamlessly from meals to socializing to spiritual enrichment to music spanning a wide variety of listening preferences, from Puff the Magic Dragon to Gregorian Chant.  Tours of the Bay leave every hour whenever he feels like it every day of the week when he feels like it.
.




1 comment: