Practing Mammal and Sparky and their Offspring Get Some History

This blog is a sister blog to Practicing Mammal. I made it that way so that I wasn't always posting about our trip. Because some of my readers maybe don't care about our trip. I don't mind. But its an easy way for me to journal our trip for our family. Please join us if it pleases you. Blessings!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Not Green

I'm not very green.  I like a tangible hard copy of everything I paid a lot of money for.  For this reason, and for my intense distrust of anything that lives it's life on a computer, I make a hard copy of all airline tickets, car reservations, insurance papers, etc.  that one might need on a holiday.  I got a one inch binder, labeled it Big Trip, filled it with plastic sleeves and loose leaf paper (which by the way, the need for has not changed due to technology) and put all our paper stuff in it.  It gives me great comfort.

Rosebud, following my poor example of paper wastefulness, found a small Canada map that she said was a map of Boston.  She suggested we tape it to the dashboard of our rental van when we pick it up in Ottawa so that we will know how to get around in Boston.  This unhelpful piece of paper will, very likely, get taped to the van.  Because of the profound joy that Rosebud will find in being Helpful.

Note to self:  Do some geography with Rosebud this year.

1 comment:

  1. That's cute! Sunshine also likes maps, so when we went to Alberta this summer I occasionally tried to explain to her where we were driving. All that she really seemed to understand was that Grandma lives "far far away." :) And that little blue lines on the map mean something.

    ReplyDelete