Practing Mammal and Sparky and their Offspring Get Some History

This blog is a sister blog to Practicing Mammal. I made it that way so that I wasn't always posting about our trip. Because some of my readers maybe don't care about our trip. I don't mind. But its an easy way for me to journal our trip for our family. Please join us if it pleases you. Blessings!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tuesday, August, 23rd., Thanks, Jeeves.



This is Jeeves and Nan.  They drive us around and make us coffee.  This morning we pressed them into service at 4:45 a.m. to get us to the airport.  Good work, Jeeves and Nan!   Don’t think for one moment that your willing servitude goes unnoticed. 

At the moment, we are flying over the province of Saskatchewan, which outstanding feature is flatness.  I suddenly understand why men thought you could fall off the edge of the earth.  I can see it.

I can look down and see the prairie lakes in much the same way that one might look up and see shapes in the clouds.  A can-can girl.  The letter “A.”   A butterfly.  An amoeba.   Lowly worm.  A parasauralaphus.  After about one hour, flying is really boring.

The pilot must be pretty bored, too because he is standing facing us, the passengers ,and talking with his staff.


No comments:

Post a Comment